- ADT security systems stand strong, with over a 100 year built in reputation.
- ADT is one of the largest companies around. It has presence in All U.S. States, South America and Europe with its headquarters in Florida.
- ADT security systems have paved way through the years with a satisfied customer base and ADT was awarded A rating by BBB on March 2014, click here for the full article.
- Installation by a certified technician is required for proper setup.
- Their cellular service packages are pretty awesome, though they may be towards the higher end
ADT Security offers a wide range of equipment and packages to be customized and tailor made to fit your needs ranging from door and window sensors to outdoor strobes and sirens, phone line monitoring, broadband monitoring and cellular monitoring, so they do have plenty of options available for many tastes.
The Trust built over the years keeps ADT going and is definitely in the game to provide reliable home security systems for years to come.
ADT is a company that has been around for a long time and provides a lot of options in terms of wireless security solutions.
- Oldest Alarm Company
- Multiple options
- Remote & Cellular Monitoring
- BBB Rating of A
- Mover’s Security Guarantee
- Monthly fee for cellular (may be towards the High-End users)
Please watch the ADT reviews video we prepared for you.
ADT has been around in some capacity for over 100 years and provides home & business security, integrated building management and fire alarm systems.
They are probably one of the most well-known alarm companies around. ADT has operations in North America, South America and Europe.
ADT is a division of Tyco International and has its headquarters are located in Boca Raton, Florida.
The ADT Security Equipment
ADT offers a wide variety of equipment as well as equipment packages that can be customized according to your specific needs.
Some of the equipment that ADT offers includes:
- Control Panels
- Door/Window Sensors
- Smoke/Heat Detectors
- Motion Detectors
- Glass Break Detectors
- Carbon Monoxide Detectors
- Flood Detectors
- SafeWatch CellGuard
- Outdoor Strobe/ Siren
- Keychain Remote, etc.
If you require more sensors than what is offered in the package, they can be purchased at an additional fee.
ADT Security Monitoring
Phone line monitoring, broadband monitoring and cellular monitoring are all available in their five different monitoring options which are;
- Basic Package: For just $36.99/month, ADT covers the basic needs.
- 2-way Voice package: If you require2-Way Voice capabilities, then this might be the package for you. The wireless control panel acts as an intercom. Thus, it enables you to speak directly to an ADT monitoring center when there is an emergency. This package will cost you only $42.99/month
- CellGuard: 24/7 monitoring through ADTs CellGuard cellular connection is available through this package which costs $44.99/month. What this essentially means is, you do not need a landline and it is a completely wireless solution.
- 2-way Voice+ CellGuard: You are provided with complete coverage, that is both 2-way Voice as well as the CellGuard solution, for the attractive price of $47.99/month
- Pulse: For $49.99/month, you get all the features of the other systems, plus mobile access. Which essentially means you can control your system using your cell phone, tablet, or other web-enabled device or even get text alerts.
ADT Security Customer Service
In a nutshell, ADT has been around for a significantly long period, and this cannot be achieved if they provide bad customer service.
Overall ADTs customer service gets good feedback and they are trying hard to keeping most of their customers happy.
This is clearly shown by the A rating awarded by the BBB on March 2014. We wrote about this change in March 2014, click here for the full article. BBB will hopefully update their website soon as it still shows the old rating (click here to verify)
ADT Security Installation
ADTs approach to installations is through its Dealer Program where you could approach any of the long list of ADT Dealers around the nation who offer professional installation for ADT alarm systems.
It is notable that ADT offers installations from a number of equipment manufacturers for both hard wired systems as well as wireless alarm systems.
Installations costs are:
- $99 for installations for the basic and 2-Way Voice packages
- CellGuard, 2-Way Voice + CellGuard costs $199.
You need to get in touch with ADT to work out the installation plan for the Pulse package and to verify the latest installation costs for each package.
- ADT is the one of the largest alarm companies in the United States.
- It even has operations in a number of countries in Europe and South America.
- The fact that they have been around for over 100 years is a factor which you cannot forget when choosing your next wireless security provider.
Overall, they have good products and good customer service.
If you feel you need more information for home security systems before making your decision, you can read our Ultimate Guide To Home Security Systems, which has tremendous amount of information to fully understand what kind of home security system you really need.
If you have made up your decision to choose ADT, here is the link to Get Started With Your FREE Quote Now!
This concludes our ADT reviews. If you are looking for something like DIY wireless security system, then we suggest to read either Frontpoint Security or Protect America reviews, which are our Experts TOP 2 DIY wireless security system providers in the country right now.