Wireless home alarm systems are meant to make our life easier and safer, protecting us from burglaries.
Installing alarm systems for burglary protection, fire or flood is at first, intended to protect our property in our absence. But more traumatic than the loss of property due to neglect the necessity of alarm systems, whatever their value, is feeling vulnerable to the violation of personal privacy space.
How Does A Wireless Home Alarm System Work?
Unfortunately, only few of us decide to procure a wireless home alarm system before becoming ourselves victims of theft. Wireless home alarm systems discourage intrusion attempts and notify spaces that it protects; it also notifies the onset of fire starters and gas leaks, thus limiting the risk of damage. In other words, a burglary system is a system that warns and minimizes the risks, but there’s no guarantee that an intruder won’t enter the defended area.
The area protected by wireless home alarm system is divided into zones (partitions), as a consequence arming / disarming can be performed in the entire building or only in certain areas. In this case, each partition behaves as an independent system. All systems allow arming with the possibility of movement within the protected area.
The Practical Utility Of The Wireless Home Alarm System
A wireless home alarm system must contain the central control unit with keyboard (and an optional remote control or access card), detectors covering all vulnerable areas, local warning siren for local warning and a communicator to alert the telephone line. Additionally, reliable digital technologies made possible things which, a while ago, seemed to be impossible. Alarm systems implement automation features limited only by our imagination, being the brain needed for a “smart home”.
An alarm system can, for example, to order the opening of the gate or garage door, when it is disarmed by remote control, then to unlock the door by using the same remote as an access card.
Useful functions for a house, but more useful for office, the same system can also be in charge with employee clocking. It can also fulfill tasks independently of the functions it has for security, such as temperature monitoring, controlling outdoor lighting or any other automation for comfort.
What Kind Of Facilities Can A Wireless Home Alarm System Provide?
• A wireless home alarm system can provide a variety of facilities such as:
• Arming (when you’re not in the property) insuring the security of all areas
• Partial reinforcement (when you are in the property) insuring the protection of certain areas only
• Telephone warning when attempting breaking and entering
• Security firms warning
• Memory of events in chronological order
• High autonomy in case of power supply failure
The Parts of a Wireless Home Alarm System
In general, the items which require protection are primarily the access ways in a private residence or company (doors and windows) and only after that the interior spaces. Based on these things, alarm systems must contain certain elements:
• Detection and alarm panel
• Motion detectors
• Glass break detectors
• Vibes detectors (in case the walls are being perforated)
• The keypad (allows the arming and disarming of the complete wireless home alarm system)
• Infrared barriers (senses the interruption of infrared rays)
• Audio and visual warning systems
• Remote alarm elements
• The accumulators (keep the system in operation after the fall of the main source of electrical power)